- Payment options : Credit card, debit card, NET banking, Bitcoin.
- Available languages : English, Spanish.
- Customer support : contact form.
- Number of lotteries:
As technology has improved, so has the way we play games, including the lottery. These games are more structured and regulated, so chances of securing a win is also significantly higher. Jackpocket is one such app that is currently ruling the roost.
Lotteries and Software
The Jackpocket app has six different lotteries that players can participate in, although the popular ones are the United States Powerball, Mega Millions, New York State Lotto, and Cash for Life and the New Jersey Pick 5.
Jackpocket has a ‘syndicate’ feature that allows players to participate as a group with family and friends. In order to participate, at least two members of the syndicate must have a Facebook account. The player who sets up the syndicate on Facebook will be the point of contact and gets to choose the lottery game.
Some of the features worth mentioning:
- Jackpocket is the only mobile app to offer access to the widest variety of official lottery games, including Powerball and Mega Millions, as well as state-specific offerings like Gopher 5, Lucky for Life, Pick 3 / 4, and more.
- The unique app feature ties a player’s physical lottery ticket to their personal identity, establishing them as the sole and rightful owner. Once a ticket is purchased on a player’s behalf, it is scanned into the Jackpocket system; players receive an email containing their ticket’s information, including name, date of birth, ticket serial number, and numbers selected. When the ticket is processed, players can see the scan of both sides of their paper ticket within the app.
- Quick Picks option generates numbers automatically, so it is Jackpocket who is buying the lottery ticket on your behalf. Please ensure you order the ticket – once you are done, a photograph of the ticket is shared with you, so ownership of the ticket is confirmed.
- If you opt for the autoplay subscription mode, you can be automatically entered into drawings using Quick Pick numbers or those of your choosing, so you never miss a play.
To begin playing, all you have to do is download the Jackpocket App via the mobile application’s store or a link that can be found on the support page of the Jackpocket website.
The website provides a lot of helpful information about rules and regulations. All games are official state lottery games.
For iOS users, they can search for Jackpocket in the App Store and download it directly, while Android users should download it from a link mentioned on the website. This is due to the fact that Google Play Store currently doesn’t permit lottery apps. The third party apps access should be switched on in your device.
The website has responsive characteristics so it can be easily viewed on mobiles, like you check it out on desktops or laptops. Regardless of your screen size, the website and all its features can be viewed seamlessly. The number and type of games offered are the same as well.
You can find numerous scratch coupons online that give you free tickets to the game. A very popular feature is referrals where you receive a certain amount of money, when someone you referred this game to signs up with Jackpocket. They have a plethora of promotions that can be found on their Facebook and Twitter pages. Launched in August 2018, Jackpocket’s Pools feature lets thousands of players across multiple jurisdictions pool their Powerball or Mega Millions tickets in one combined pot for a better chance to win.
The app can be downloaded totally free of cost. There are no additional or hidden charges involved apart from ticket costs Jackpocket doesn’t retain any percentage of the player’s monies if they win. Since this website partners with official state lottery retailers to buy tickets on your behalf, you don’t have to pay taxes to Jackpocket. However, you need to taxes as per the United States Lottery Laws.
Any winnings that are less than $600 is automatically transferred into the player’s registered Jackpocket Account. This money can be used to play again. If the amount of money won is big, or you strike the “Jackpot”, the player receives the lottery ticket in a secure manner. After receiving the ticket, the player will have to claim the prize directly from the lottery. Costs related to claiming bigger prizes have to be borne by the winner. You can create a Payout on the app by adding a bank account and selecting it. Enter the amount you wish to withdraw and submit a payout request. A withdrawal fee is charged, while the sum is usually credited within 3-5 business days.
There’s a very handy FAQ section on the site. It is comprehensive, and covers pretty much all a player might want to know about the service and games, and easy to navigate. One of the best I sampled.
To reach Jackpot’s customer support, there’s a contact form available. This is a little limiting as there’s no option of reaching a Jackpocket representative via a more responsive communication method.
Is Jackpocket legit or fraud?
Yes, Jackpot is extremely safe and 100% legal. The lottery ticket is tied to your identity so no once else can cash in your lost or stolen lottery ticket. After you order a ticket, you get an email with the receipt, push notification and email when your ticket has been secured, and you can even see a picture of your physical ticket in the app. Moreover, it doesn’t store any bank information – only the last 4 digits and expiry date of your credit card is stored. If that doesn’t convince you, Jackpocket recently received a responsible gaming certification from the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) as part of its Internet Responsible Gambling Compliance Assessment Program (iCAP), the highest standard in the U.S. for online responsible gaming.
As long as you live in New York, you can win at Jackpocket. The registration process is really simple and you are all set to play in just a few minutes. Moreover, the risk is much lower as compared to traditional lotteries.
Pros / Cons
- No cost is involved when it comes to set-up, maintenance, and licensing.
- Payment methods are safe and no sensitive information is required.
- Deposit and spend limits are enforced so those who ask for high deposit or spend limits can be monitored for risky behavior.
- Availability is severely limited as only United States citizens who live in New York City can play.
- The “syndicate” feature can only be accessed through Facebook.